Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Movie of the Month 1

NEW YORK, I LOVE YOU

If you watch more movies than the average, then you might know that there was once (in 2006) a movie called "Paris, je t'aime". The Americans could not stand aside and not create a movie that will proclaim their strong love towards the most cosmopolitan city of all: New York.



I admit, I watched it without expecting too much, and I was blown away. There is so much poetry and beauty in-between words, a palette of images sculpted out of desire that you cannot help revelling in it hours after you have seen it.

P.S. Did I mention that a few great actors are present in the short yet charming parts of the movie?
P.P.S. If you enjoyed it, then you have the chance to watch the bonus, "These vagabond shoes", an extract directed by Scarlett Johansson starring Kevin Bacon...

Here's the trailer.

2 comments:

SCOALA GALANESTI said...

well, it did not really blow me away.
'paris ... ' is much different, better, got the 'je ne sais quoi', methinks.

but paris is not 'big apple ... :)

Ally said...

Da, Paris-ul e mai grozav decat Londra sau NY, dar filmul asta mi-a placut mai mult :)